|Top 100 Reasons to Use EdFed
- Our expert loan professionals are the best!
- We offer a variety of flexible loan programs to choose from.
- We have a database of 8,000 scholarships and more than 150,000 awards—more than $35 M
- Get advice and guidance from an established lender, not a marketing company.
- We can offer you the very best rates.
- We know exactly what’s happening with your loan at all times.
- You are more than a number to us.
- 600-page common manual directs loan counselors to choose the loan that is best for you.
- Experienced loan counselors have dealt with every kind of student loan situation.
- We are an innovative leader in the student loan field.
- We will give you fast processing and disbursement.
- Our professional and focused loan counselors are always on call.
- Our detailed outline of financial aid process makes it easy to understand.
- We’ll give you a step-by-step calendar to help in the planning process.
- Check out our easy-to-use calculator to figure out monthly payment amounts.
- Our glossary of terms will help you understand the process better.
- Read numerous news articles on the subject of financial aid.
- The “Frequently Asked Questions” section answers any questions you have.
- Get live online support!
- Our loan and consolidation applications are easy to complete quickly.
- Our website is easy to use.
- You can buy a stereo system with the money you save every month from consolidation.
- Get individualized counseling and advice.
- You’ll love our friendly service.
- Information on incoming freshman at various universities gives you an idea of how you compare.
- With the “College Tuition Guide,” you can view various tuition rates for schools across the country.
- Get detailed tips on planning for college for each year of high school.
- Concise, simple charts broken down to the month help students prepare for financial aid process.
- Find comprehensive information on scholarships, work-study programs, and student loans.
- “Tell a Friend” form makes it easy to spread the word.
- Search our database of student loan forgiveness programs.
- We’ll help you find scholarships!
- You can take a summer vacation with the money you save each month from consolidation.
- Enjoy easy and flexible repayment plans.
- Use our deferment options for students and parents.
- We offer different loan options for different situations.
- Find answers to all of your repayment questions.
- Get tips on how to prepare for repayment.
- Our auto debit repayment system saves you 0.25%.
- Our auto debit repayment system makes it easy to pay on time.
- The Platinum Counsel Select program will lower your rate by 1%.
- Our toll-free number gives you access to person-to-person customer service.
- The Loan Comparison Chart makes it easy to compare different types of loans.
- You can buy a top-of-the-line laptop with the money you save each month from consolidation.
- A list of helpful links to various websites makes the financial aid process even simpler.
- The Platinum Counsel Select program will save you thousands of dollars over the life of your loans.
- A loan specialist is assigned specifically to you!
- Your loan specialist will remember you by name.
- Your loan specialist will be willing to work around your schedule.
- Save your application and get help from a loan counselor if you have questions.
- Read a step-by-step explanation of the e-signature.
- We can FedEx, mail, or fax your application to you.
- You can download a PDF version of the application.
- Get immediate, over-the-phone approval for private loan programs.
- We specialize in education loans.
- We provide one-on-one counseling for those who inquire about consolidation or new loans.
- There are no fees to sign up for federal consolidation loans or new federal loans.
- It’s fast.
- You can download some new tunes for your iPod with the money you save each month.
- There are no penalties for early pay-off.
- Get free consolidation reports at your request.
- Delay repayments if you are a half-time student.
- Apply in five minutes.
- Apply online.
- It’s easy. All we need is your basic personal information and signature.
- Combine several monthly payments into one.
- Forbearance and deferment options are available.
- Consolidate even if your loans are in deferment.
- Private loan programs are designed to fill the gaps in your budget.
- Contact a loan counselor 24 hours a day.
- Invest the money that you save.
- You will never be asked to verify your income.
- In most cases, you can extend the term of your loan to 30 years.
- Loans can be used to cover your living expenses.
- We handle your personal information securely and confidentially.
- Lock in low interest rates.
- Work toward financial stability.
- We serve a smaller population than marketing firms, allowing for specialized customer service.
- Borrow 100% of the cost of attendance -- including books and fees -- with a PLUS loan.
- Borrow up to $50 K in private loans.
- We offer multiple loan products to explore: federal and private consolidation, Stafford loans, Parent and Graduate PLUS loans, and many types of private loans.
- Access your consolidation application any time you want.
- Access your loan information through the Internet.
- Reduce monthly payments by up to 50%.
- Feel loved with a timely birthday card every year.
- Feel loved with a timely holiday card each year.
- No need to know interest rates for your consolidation application.
- No need to know current loan balance for your consolidation application.
- Apply for an income-sensitive repayment plan to help you through times of hardship.
- Click on “Live Chat” on our website for immediate responses to your questions.
- Borrower benefits to reduce interest rates by .25% with auto-debit.
- Borrower benefits to reduce interest rates by 1% after making 36 consecutive payments.
- Private education loan consolidation.
- Advice on combining your loans and your spouse’s loans through consolidation.
- Stafford loans of up to $20,500 per academic year.
- Graduate PLUS, federally guaranteed loans to cover cost of attendance.
- No maximum amount for Graduate PLUS loans.
- Low interest rates on all federal loans.
- Free, online application for federal loans.
- Free EdFed Newswire delivered to you weekly via email.
||Our Extended Equal Payments option allows up to a 25-year repayment term of equal payments.